This vegan and gluten-free version of the traditional Austrian caramelised pancake dessert, Kaiserschmarrn, is so delicious and the perfect healthy treat. This recipe comes together in only 15 minutes, making it the ideal breakfast, dessert or snack on a busy day. I used my homemade gluten-free oat milk for this recipe. This is such a comforting dessert that I could literally have everyday and not get tired of it. Try it for yourself and let me know what you think.
Ingredients you need for this recipe
Oat Milk: I used my homemade gluten-free oat milk.
Oat Flour: Make sure it’s also gluten-free.
Brown Rice Flour
Potato Starch: Tapioca starch will also work.
Maple Syrup: To caramelise the pancake.
Toppings: I used strawberries, blueberries, maple syrup, cinnamon and apple sauce.
This kaiserschmarrn recipe is:
- Quick and easy
- Perfect for breakfast!
More sweet vegan dessert recipes to try:
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes
- Apple Pie Pancakes
- Berry Baked Oats
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oats
If you try this easy vegan kaiserschmarrn recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
- 130 g gluten-free oat flour
- 30 g brown rice flour
- 30 g potato starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 240 ml gluten-free oat milk
- 4 tbsp maple syrup divided
- fresh fruit
- apple sauce
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine oat flour, brown rice flour, potato starch baking powder and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Pour in the milk and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup until you get a smooth batter.
- Place a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Pour in the batter and spread it around the pan.
- Cook on one side until bubbles form on the surface, about 5 minutes. Then flip the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Break the pancake into pieces and add the extra tablespoon of maple syrup to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until the pancake pieces are golden brown and lightly caramelised.
- Serve with cinnamon, maple syrup, apple sauce and fresh fruit.