This vegan and gluten-free oat milk recipe is so easy to make and ready in only 10 minutes. I don’t buy oat milk from the supermarket anymore because this homemade one is so much better. You only need 5 ingredients, a high speed blender, a nut milk bag, a sealed jar and you’re good to go. I got my nut milk bags from Amazon and I would highly recommend them. They are reusable and work really well.
How long does homemade oat milk keep fresh?
This oat milk keeps fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days. Make sure you’re using a jar that seals well, I used the regular mouth ball mason jar.
Is oat milk gluten-free?
You have to use gluten-free rolled oats specifically to make this milk gluten-free.
This gluten-free oat milk recipe is:
- Easy and quick
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Perfect for granola, smoothies or baked goods!
More vegan recipes for dairy alternatives to try:
If you try this easy homemade oat milk recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Homemade Oat Milk
- 1 High Speed Blender
- 1 Nut Milk Bag
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Sealed Jar
- 90 g gluten-free rolled oats
- 900 ml water
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 date pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional, for extra sweetness
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add oats, water, salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract and date into a high speed blender and blend for about 30 seconds. Don't over-blend because it can make the milk slimy in texture.
- Pour the mixture into a nut milk bag over a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer to a sealed jar and refrigerate. Shake well before use.
- You can add fresh berries to make berry milk.
- The oat milk keeps fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days. You know it went off when it starts to smell funny.
- These are the nut milk bags I used.
- Make sure not to over-blend because it makes the milk slimy in texture.
- Don’t heat the milk as it will thicken and become gelatinous in texture.
- Enjoy with granola, smoothies and baked goods.
Leave a Reply