This vegan pad thai with creamy peanut sauce and crunchy vegetables is so quick and easy to make, healthy and absolutely delicious. This dish comes together in only 15 minutes and it’s perfect for meal prep. The recipe is gluten-free and soy-free. The creamy peanut sauce goes so well with the rice noodles and crunchy vegetables and the chili flakes add just the right kick. Of course you can add any other vegetables you enjoy. I went for zucchini, carrots, mushrooms and red bell pepper. I highly recommend serving it with sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
Creamy Peanut Sauce
The star of the show is definitely the delicious peanut sauce. Simply mix together peanut butter, coconut milk, coconut aminos, lemon or lime juice and maple syrup to make the most delicious sauce. This would also make an amazing dip for summerrolls. If you can’t have peanut butter, try cashew butter instead!
This peanut Pad Thai recipe is:
- Quick and easy
- Loaded with vegetables
- Perfect for meal prep!
More vegan Thai, Asian, Chinese or Japanese Recipes to try:
If you try this easy vegan pad thai recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Peanut Pad Thai
For the pad thai
- 350 g gluten-free rice noodles
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 2 carrots spiralized into noodles
- 1 red bell pepper finely sliced
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
For the peanut sauce
- 60 g peanut butter
- 60 ml coconut milk
- 60 ml coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon or lime juiced
- 1 tbsp water only if needed
- sesame seeds
- fresh coriander
- Cook the rice pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped vegetables and sauté until softened but still crunchy.
- In the meantime, prepare the peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, coconut milk, coconut aminos, maple syrup and lime or lemon juice in a small mixing bowl or glass jar. Mix well.
- Combine the cooked rice noodles, vegetables, chili flakes and peanut sauce in the pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
- If you can’t have peanut butter, try cashew butter instead.
Leave a Reply