With Pancake Day slowly approaching, I thought I would share one of my all-time favourite pancake recipes. These apple pie pancakes are vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and absolutely delicious. And they truly taste like a warm apple pie. I like to top my pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup, fresh fruit and a little bit of extra apple sauce. Of course you can add any toppings you enjoy. You need seven ingredients to make these pancakes and most of them you’ll already have in your pantry.
I love easy and quick recipes using simple ingredients that I can easily find in any supermarket. And most of these ingredients I make sure to always have at home. For this apple pie pancake recipe you will need gluten-free oat flour, gluten-free oat milk, apple sauce, coconut sugar, maple syrup, baking powder, cinnamon and any toppings of your choice. I used fresh berries, more maple syrup and some extra apple sauce. The apple sauce, coconut sugar and maple syrup add just the right amount of sweetness.
This Apple Pie Pancake Recipe is:
- Refined sugar-free
- Soft and fluffy
- Quick and easy
More sweet vegan breakfast recipes to try:
If you try this easy vegan apple pie pancake recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Apple Pie Pancakes
- 1 High Speed Blender
- 130 ml gluten-free oat milk
- 80 g apple sauce
- 120 g gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup for drizzling
- fresh fruit of your choice
- In a small bowl, combine oat milk and applesauce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine. You can also use a blender. The batter should be thick but pourable.
- Place a non-stick pan on medium-high heat and add a couple of spoonfuls of pancake batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned underneath, then flip. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with fresh fruit of your choice and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Leave a Reply