If I could only eat one dish for breakfast for the rest of my life it would be this. These apple cinnamon baked oats are absolutely delicious, healthy and it gives me the feeling of eating cake for breakfast. What’s not to love? I love baked oats because you can add literally anything you fancy that day. I enjoy the combination of apples and cinnamon for this time of year. In the summer, I like to add fresh berries as a topping. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and also fat-free if you’re using water instead of almond milk. I also like to add banana and maple syrup as a healthy alternative to regular sugar. Give it a try and thank me later. And don’t forget to send me a picture of the yumminess you’ve created over on Instagram.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oats
- 1 High Speed Blender
- 1 Baking Dish
- 80 g gluten-free oats
- 200 ml water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp maple syrup more to serve
- 1 red apple
- 1 ripe banana
- Put the oats, water, banana, cinnamon, maple syrup and baking soda into a high speed blender and blend until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into an ovenproof baking dish. Cut one red apple into small chunks and put it on top. Bake in the oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Add more maple syrup before serving for extra sweetness. Enjoy! 😋