This easy and delicious apple sauce cake is one of my all-time favourites. It’s vegan, gluten-free and naturally sweetened. I love having this cake for breakfast or as a quick snack in the afternoon. Absolutely delicious with some extra apple sauce on top, maple syrup or some caramelised apples. I can guarantee this cake is a crowd pleaser and you won’t believe how easy it is to make.
For this recipe, I used a flax egg. Simply combine two tablespoons of ground flaxseeds and 100 ml of water. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes to thicken. From here, you can add the flax egg to your recipe just as you would an egg.
This apple sauce cake recipe is:
- Refined sugar-free
- Soft and fluffy
- Easy to make
More sweet vegan breakfast recipes to try:
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oats
- Berry Baked Oats
- Apple Pie Pancakes
- Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes
If you try this easy vegan apple sauce cake recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Apple Sauce Cake
- 1 Cake Tin
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 100 ml water
- 300 g apple sauce unsweetened
- 170 g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 200 g gluten-free oat flour
- 70 g brown rice flour
- 60 g tapioca starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseeds and water. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the applesauce, coconut sugar and vanilla to the flaxseed mixture. Whisk until uniform.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oat flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until uniform and lump-free.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
- You can swap the tapioca starch for potato starch.
- This cake tastes absolutely delicious with some extra apple sauce, maple syrup or caramelised apples on top.
Leave a Reply