This is one of my all-time favourite lunch recipes. I absolutely love this quick and easy hummus and falafel mezze salad because it’s packed with so many different flavours and textures. The mix of savory lemon garlic cabbage, sweet pomegranate seeds, aromatic falafel and creamy hummus is what makes this salad bowl so delicious. I used to get the Pret version of this salad all the time when I was living in London so I thought I would recreate it and make it 100% healthy.
I highly recommend making your own hummus for this recipe as it is so easy and quick to make. You can use my recipe here. I promise you it tastes so much better than store-bought hummus.
This hummus and falafel mezze salad recipe is:
- Quick and easy
- Absolutely delicious
- Packed with flavour
- Ideal for meal prep
- Perfect for lunch or dinner
More vegan lunch and dinner recipes to try:
- Chili Sin Carne Rice Bowl
- One-Pot Lentil Pasta with Kale
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 3 Ingredient Quinoa Pizza Base with Fried Vegetables
- Creamy One-Pot Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Red Lentil Bolognese
If you try this easy hummus and falafel mezze salad recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Hummus & Falafel Mezze Salad
- 200 g quinoa washed
- 1 cucumber finely cute
- 200 g mixed leafy greens lettuce, spinach, rocket etc.
- falafel mix linked in notes
For the lemon garlic cabbage
- 1 head of cabbage finely shredded
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley
- hummus recipe linked in notes
- pomegranate seeds fresh or frozen
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. I recommend cooking it in vegetable broth to add flavour.
- Place the shredded cabbage in a large pan and cook for 15 minutes or until soft. Use a splash of water to prevent sticking. Then add garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Once the cabbage starts to slightly brown, add the lemon juice and turn off the heat.
- In the meantime, prepare your falafel according to package instructions. I have linked the exact falafel mixed I used in the notes.
- Assemble your salad by adding mixed leafy greens, quinoa, cucumber, lemon garlic cabbage, falafel, hummus, pomegranate seeds and fresh parsley to a bowl.
Leave a Reply