This roasted vegetable pasta is one of my go-to recipes for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner. This dish is packed with delicious and nutritious vegetables and the creamy tomato sauce adds the perfect flavour. I like serving this pasta with rocket but you could also use parsley. If you want to meal prep this dish I would recommend keeping the tomato sauce in a separate container or jar, otherwise the pasta will soak up all the liquid and it won’t taste as nice. Simply re-heat the tomato sauce and add it to the pasta when you’re about to serve it up. You can keep the pasta and roasted veggies in the same container.
Use your favourite vegetables
What I love about this dish is that you can add any vegetables you like or currently have in the fridge. For this recipe I used potatoes, carrots and zucchini. Other great combinations would be aubergine, mushrooms, asparagus, brussels sprouts, red, green or yellow bell peppers or kale. The options are endless!
This vegan roasted vegetable pasta recipe is:
- Refined sugar-free
- Quick and easy to make
More vegan pasta recipes to try:
If you try this easy vegan roasted vegetable pasta recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Roasted Vegetable Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 1 High Speed Blender
- 250 g brown rice pasta
- 5 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 onion
- 10 garlic gloves
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 400 g canned tomatoes make sure it doesn't contain citric acid
- handful rocket
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pasta allrounder I used JustSpices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Peel and cut the vegetables, including onion, into bite-sized pieces. Make sure to keep the garlic skin on and only cut off the top.
- Arrange the prepared vegetables (potatoes, carrots, zucchini, onion, garlic & tomatoes) on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes. I recommend putting the tomatoes on a separate baking tray as they release a lot of moisture. You can add spices to the vegetables if you want to but it's not needed as the tomato sauce provides enough flavour.
- Cook your brown rice pasta according to the package and save 50 ml of the pasta water for the tomato sauce.
- Blend the roasted tomatoes, canned tomatoes and spices in a high speed blender. Then add the 50 ml pasta water for extra creaminess and transfer to a small pan.
- Mix the cooked brown rice pasta, roasted veggies and tomato sauce.
- Serve up and add a handful of rocket to your roasted veggie pasta.
Leave a Reply