I have another crowd pleaser for you today. This delicious vegan burger is so easy to make with a few simple ingredients. The patty is gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free and so flavourful. I served them with my favourite homemade oat potato bread rolls and a delicious tzatsiki sauce. These burgers are perfect for a summertime barbecue or a tasty lunch or dinner anytime. They are entirely made from scratch, the patties, buns and sauce! Homemade burgers taste so much better, especially when they are made with love and healthy ingredients.
This vegan burger Recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Made with healthy ingredients
- Perfect for summertime BBQ
More vegan lunch and dinner recipes to try:
- One-Pot Lentil Pasta with Kale
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 3 Ingredient Quinoa Pizza Base with Fried Vegetables
- Creamy One-Pot Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Chili Sin Carne Rice Bowl
- Red Lentil Bolognese
- Roasted Chickpea Tacos
If you try this easy vegan burger recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Homemade Vegan Burger
- 1 High Speed Blender or Food Processor
For the burger patties
- 2 tbsp coconut oil divided, for cooking
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp hot water for the flaxseeds
- 75 g vegan mince (jackfruit & pea protein) substitutions below
- 120 ml vegetable broth for the vegan mince
- 50 g oat flour gluten-free
- 400 g kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- homemade bread rolls recipe linked in notes
- tzatziki recipe linked in notes
- red onion
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- In the meantime, prepare your flax egg by combining the ground flaxseeds and hot water. Set aside.
- Place the vegan jackfruit and pea mince in a bowl and cover with 120 ml vegetable broth. Set aside.
- Put onions, garlic, oat flour, kidney beans, vegan mince, flax-egg, tomato paste, cumin powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper into a high speed blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until a moldable dough forms. Make sure not to over-mix.
- Form 4 medium-sized patties. In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil and cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side or until browned over medium heat.
- Assemble your burgers with homemade bread rolls, tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomatoes and red onion.
Leave a Reply