This is the easiest and most delicious vegan bolognese recipe. For me this is the ultimate comfort meal and I make it at least 2-3 times a month. The red lentil bolognese comes together in under 30 minutes and it’s filled with delicious and healthy vegetables such as carrots, mushrooms, celery and tomatoes. The herbs and spices add just the right amount of flavour and I love serving this dish with brown rice pasta or spaghetti and my homemade oat potato bread rolls. You can find the recipe for that here.
This red lentil bolognese Recipe is:
- Easy and quick
- Packed with flavour
- Absolutely delicious
- Perfect for lunch and dinner
More vegan lunch and dinner recipes to try:
- One-Pot Lentil Pasta with Kale
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 3 Ingredient Quinoa Pizza Base with Fried Vegetables
- Creamy One-Pot Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Chili Sin Carne Rice Bowl
If you try this easy vegan red lentil bolognese recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Red Lentil Bolognese
- 250 g brown rice pasta or spaghetti
- 100 g red lentils washed and drained
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 100 g mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 340 g tomato sauce
- 250 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley to serve
- Add onion and garlic to a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat and sauté in a little bit of water for 2-3 minutes. Add carrot, celery and mushrooms and sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and herbs and mix until well combined.
- Then add red lentils, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and let the bolognese simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are cooked. Season with coconut sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the brown rice spaghetti according to package instructions and serve up with fresh parsley.
- I love serving this dish with my homemade oat potato bread rolls.
Leave a Reply