I absolutely love bread, every type of bread to be precise. And let me tell you it was a challenge to find the perfect bread rolls recipe. I knew I had to master this one, because I have to have bread at least once a week. I grew up eating different kinds of bread daily, because German bakeries are just top notch. So when I went vegan, gluten-free and yeast-free, I had to find an alternative that works for me. I am happy to announce that I have indeed found the best oat potato bread rolls recipe that is so easy to make.
Only healthy ingredients
Not only are these bread rolls absolutely delicious, they are also healthy. You need nine simple ingredients to make them and I’m sure you will love them just as much as I do. The ingredients you need are gluten-free oat flour, potato starch, tigernut flour, baking powder, salt, ground flaxseeds, water, apple sauce and sesame seeds. I have also listed a few substitutions in the notes of this recipe for tigernut flour if you can’t find it. I make these at least once a week and they taste amazing with homemade hummus, bruschetta or any other spread you enjoy.
This Oat Potato Bread Rolls Recipe is:
- Soft and fluffy
- Easy and quick to make
More vegan snack recipes to try:
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Hummus Tomato Bruschetta
- Quick & Easy Creamy Hummus
- Roasted Chickpea Tacos
- 3 Ingredient Quinoa Pizza Base with Fried Vegetables
If you try this easy gluten-free bread rolls recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Oat Potato Bread Rolls
- 1 High Speed Blender
- 200 g gluten-free oat flour
- 100 g potato starch
- 20 g tigernut flour millet flour, rice flour, chickpea flour or sunflower seed flour also work well
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 300 ml boiling water
- 2 tbsp apple sauce unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseeds and boiling water. Set aside for 20 minutes to thicken.
- Put oat flour, potato starch, tigernut flour, baking powder and salt into a high speed blender and process for a few seconds.
- After 20 minutes, add apple sauce to your flaxseed mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour mixture with the flaxseed apple sauce mixture using your hands until well combined. Make sure not to overmix the dough, otherwise it becomes too liquidly. I used a Theromix to knead the dough for 30 seconds.
- You can now shape 6-8 bread rolls with wet hands and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Allow your bread rolls to cool completely before serving.
- You can substitute the tigernut flour with millet flour, rice flour, chickpea flour or sunflower seed flour. I’ve tried all versions and they all work well.
- Make sure not to overmix the dough, otherwise it becomes too liquidly and you wont be able to shape the bread rolls. If it does happen, simply pour the dough into a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners.