These vegetable spring rolls are vegan, gluten-free and absolutely delicious. Flavourful vegetable filling wrapped in rice paper and coated with sesame seeds for some extra crunch. I love serving these as a snack or appetizer with a coconut aminos dip. I can guarantee you these spring rolls are a crown pleaser and they are a healthy alternative to regular spring rolls. For the filling, I decided to go for mushrooms, cabbage, carrots, garlic and spring onions. I love this flavour combination but of course you can add any vegetables you enjoy. The ingredients for this recipe are super simple and these spring rolls are so easy and quick to make.
This spring rolls recipe is:
- Quick and easy
- The best vegan snack
- Loaded with vegetables
- Perfect for meal prep!
More vegan Thai, Asian, Chinese or Japanese Recipes to try:
- Sticky Sesame Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- Chana Masala
- Peanut Pad Thai
- Thai Peanut Curry
- Cucumber Maki with Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese
If you try this easy vegetable spring rolls recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Vegetable Spring Rolls
- 12 rice paper sheets
- 1 tsp coconut oil more for frying the spring rolls
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 250 g mushrooms finely chopped
- 250 g cabbage finely chopped
- 200 g carrots finely chopped
- 100 g spring onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds for coating
For the vegetable filling
- In a large non-stick pan, sauté the chopped mushrooms in coconut oil for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add spring onions, cabbage and carrots and sauté for another 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Now add coconut aminos and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool.
For the spring rolls
- Fill a large bowl or deep plate with water and dip a rice paper sheet into it for a few seconds. Carefully place the wet rice paper sheet on your worktop.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of filling in the bottom center of the rice paper sheet. Now fold the rice paper over the filling from the bottom. Next fold the sides and roll up like you would summerrolls.
- Brush with a little oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Cooking the spring rolls
- Heat some coconut oil in a large non-stick pan. Once the oil is hot, place the spring rolls in the pan, leaving enough space between them so they don't stick together. Fry for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with coconut aminos as a dipping sauce and enjoy.