This delicious vegan version of the Greek dip is creamy, rich and refreshing all at the same time. And the best part is you only need a few simple ingredients to make it. Serve this tasty dip with roasted vegetables or as a sauce on burgers or tacos.
What ingredients do you need to make vegan Tzatziki?
- Cashews: Make sure to soak your cashews in hot water for an hour so they blend easily.
- Water: To make the tzatziki creamy.
- Garlic: For flavour.
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed for a longer shelf life and a touch of acidity.
- Dill: What would tzatziki be without some fresh dill?
- Cucumber: The shredded cucumber adds such a nice texture and flavour to the dip.
- Salt: For seasoning.
How to make the best creamy tzatziki
Step 1: Soak cashews in hot water for 1 hour. Combine the soaked cashews, water, garlic and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until very smooth.
Step 2: Transfer to a bowl and stir in the shredded cucumber, dill and salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to really bring out the flavours.
How to store homemade tzatziki
You can store your homemade tzatziki in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to one week. I recommend taking the tzatziki out of the fridge a couple of minutes before serving because it tastes nicer at room temperature.
This creamy tzatziki recipe is:
- Quick and easy to make
More Vegan Snack Recipes To Try:
- Quick & Easy Creamy Hummus
- Hummus Tomato Bruschetta
- Easy Oat Potato Bread Rolls
- Roasted Chickpea Tacos
If you try this easy vegan creamy tzatziki recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
- 1 High Speed Blender or Food Processor
- 140 g cashews soaked in boiling water for 30-40 minutes
- 120 ml water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cucumber shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine the soaked cashews, water, garlic and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cucumber, herbs and salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.