Did you know how easy it is to make homemade Gnocchi? You only need four simple ingredients and 30 minutes to make them and they taste absolutely delicious. I love frying them with onion and garlic to make them extra crispy. They also taste incredible with a homemade tomato sauce, mushroom gravy or even in soups. The possibilities are endless. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
What do you need to make homemade Gnocchi?
This recipe couldn’t be any simpler – to make homemade Gnocchi you only need potatoes, chickpea flour, tapioca starch and salt. Simply cook the potatoes, mash them and then add your flour, starch and salt to form a dough. Find the full recipe below.
This Homemade Gnocchi Recipe is:
- Quick and easy
- Ready in 30 minutes
- The perfect side dish
More vegan lunch and dinner recipes to try:
- Chili Sin Carne Rice Bowl
- One-Pot Lentil Pasta with Kale
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 3 Ingredient Quinoa Pizza Base with Fried Vegetables
- Creamy One-Pot Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Red Lentil Bolognese
If you try this easy vegan Gnocchi recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
- 1 kg potatoes peeled and chopped
- 240 g chickpea flour
- 120 g tapioca starch more for dusting
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Transfer them to a pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook the potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and then mash them with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the chickpea flour and tapioca starch and knead with your hands until a dough forms. If the dough is too sticky, add more chickpea flour.
- Cut the dough into equally sized pieces and dust with a little bit tapioca starch. With your fingers, roll each piece to strands. Use a knife to cut the dough into 2 cm pieces and form them into small balls with your hands. If you want ridges on your Gnocchi, you can toll each ball over the back of a fork.
- Add the Gnocchi to a pot of salted boiling water. Cook them for 2-4 minutes or until they rise to the surface. Then remove them with a slotted spoon.
- If you want your Gnocchi super crispy, fry the cooked Gnocchi in a pan with a little bit of oil.
- These Gnocchi taste amazing fried with onion and garlic or with a creamy homemade tomato sauce.