This easy to make Thai peanut curry is loaded with healthy vegetables, delicious peanut butter, creamy coconut milk and hearty spices. Make this vegan, gluten-free and soy-free curry in just 35 minutes and enjoy a flavourful meal for lunch or dinner. Leftovers keep in the fridge for up to 4 days, making this recipe ideal for meal prep.
Quick and easy thai peanut curry recipe
This is one of my go-to recipes because it is so easy and quick to make and you can add any vegetables you enjoy. I love making this curry with red bell pepper, carrot, zucchini and green beans. Broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas and mushrooms would also work really well with this recipe. Get creative and add any vegetables you like. This recipe is also soy-free because I used coconut aminos for the sauce.
This thai peanut curry recipe is:
- Quick and easy
- Loaded with vegetables
- Perfect for meal prep!
More vegan Thai, Asian, Chinese or Japanese Recipes to try:
If you try this easy vegan peanut curry recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Thai Peanut Curry
- 250 g brown rice
- 1 red onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 small carrots sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 zucchini halved and sliced
- 200 g green beans cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 400 g coconut milk
- toasted peanuts or cashews
- fresh coriander
- sesame seeds
- chili flakes
- Sauté onions and garlic in a little bit of water or oil for 1-2 minutes. Add paprika powder and yellow curry powder. Then add the carrots, zucchini, green beans and red bell pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add coconut aminos, peanut butter and coconut milk and stir to combine. Put a lid on the pan and let the curry simmer on medium heat for 25 minutes until the curry is nice and creamy and the vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Divide the rice and peanut curry into bowls and garnish with chopped spring onion, cilantro, sesame seeds, chili flakes or toasted peanuts. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Leave a Reply