These oven-baked stuffed peppers with Mexican rice and guacamole are so easy and quick to make. Perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner. And you only need a few simple ingredients for this recipe.
Ingredients for the stuffed peppers and Substitutions
- Bell Peppers: I used yellow and red bell peppers for this recipe because they are my favourite.
- Brown Rice: You can also use quinoa.
- Vegetable Broth: I like to cook the rice in vegetable broth to give it some extra flavour but you can also use water.
- Onion & Garlic: For obvious reasons!
- Spices: For this recipe I used smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Beans: You can use any beans of your choice for this recipe. I went for kidney beans but black beans also work really well.
- Canned Tomatoes: To make the rice super creamy and delicious.
I like to serve these stuffed peppers with guacamole and mixed greens. Spinach, lettuce or rocket go really well with this recipe. For the guacamole, you only need 5 simple ingredients. Avocado, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, guacamole spice, salt and pepper.
This mexican stuffed pepeprs Recipe is:
- Nutritious and filling
- Easy to make
- Perfect for lunch or dinner
More vegan lunch and dinner recipes to try:
- Chili Sin Carne Rice Bowl
- One-Pot Lentil Pasta with Kale
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 3 Ingredient Quinoa Pizza Base with Fried Vegetables
- Creamy One-Pot Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Red Lentil Bolognese
If you try this easy vegan stuffed peppers with guacamole recipe, feel free to leave me a comment or star rating. And if you want to share a photo of your creation on Instagram, please tag me @analabod because I would love to see them! 😊
Mexican Stuffed Peppers with Guacamole
- 150 g brown rice
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 400 g kidney beans or black beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 bell peppers halved and seeded
- mixed greens spinach, lettuce, rocket etc.
For The Guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 red onion chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp guacamole spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the brown rice in vegetable broth according to package instructions. The vegetable broths gives the rice more flavour, but you can also use water.
- In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Then add smoked paprika, chili powder and cumin and sauté until fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the rice, kidney beans and canned tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C and cover the bottom of a baking dish with 60ml water or vegetable broth.
- Place the halved peppers in the baking tray and fill with the Mexican rice. Bake the stuffed peppers in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the peppers are tender and lightly golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the guacamole by mashing up an avocado with a fork. You can also use a blender or food processor. Then add onion, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes and guacamole spice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the stuffed peppers with guacamole and mixed greens.